Wednesday 10 September 2014

Handmade wardrobe

For those of you who don't know, in the knitting/dressmaking blogosphere a handmade wardrobe is a collection of posts about handmade clothes made by the blogger.  I have mentioned previously on here that I took up knitting a few years to replace the hobbies that I can no longer do since becoming unwell.

This is the first instalment of my handmade wardrobe!  The cardigan was finished back in February and it was my first whole garment.  There was no where to photograph it at uni, hence the timing of this post.  I have always wanted to keep a record of my creations, and wouldn't want something like uni to get in the way, so here it is!

Thanks to my brother for taking these pictures.

The pattern was bought in a wool shop called Knit in Minehead, and was found in the second hand/vintage section.  I paid less than £2 for it, bargain!  Sadly this shop has now closed!  I bought the wool at Buy & Save cheaply, it is not top quality at all, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on my first big project.  It took me 9 months to make in total, as I made so many mistakes.  All rookie errors, I even started knitting the wrong size!

I just love old patterns!

I'm really pleased with how this turned out and I wear it a lot already.  I am looking forward to the winter months when I will be able to wear it more!

4 comments :

  1. I can't knit but I imagine that took some skill! And some spoons! Well done, i love the colour :)

    Hayley-Eszti x

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley, it definitely was a learning curve! x

      Delete
  2. A brilliant cardi for your first go - cables and everything! Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for the sewing tips on your blog! x

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I love hearing what my readers think and always try to reply to comments. If you have a blog, please link it with your comment and I will have look.